Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica Tour
Do you want to see two of Venice’s most famous buildings without waiting in line at a reasonable price?
If the answer is yes, then take a skip-the-line tour of St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace!
The 2.5-hour tour starts with a visit to St. Mark’s Basilica, where you’ll see the church’s beautiful mosaics, marble floors, and gold accents.
You’ll also see the church’s most famous treasure, the Pala d’Oro, a gilded altarpiece that is covered in precious jewels.
After St. Mark’s Basilica, you’ll visit the Doge’s Palace, the official residence of Doge (ruler of Venice), and the seat of the Venetian government.
You’ll see the palace’s regal chambers, learn about its history, and admire the intricate frescoes used in the interior designs.
Furthermore, see some of the city’s most important artworks, including works by Titian and Tintoretto.
This Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica tour also includes admission to the Bridge of Sighs, an iconic bridge known for its breathtaking architecture and stunning views of Venice.
This tour is a great way to learn about Venice’s history and culture and see two of the city’s most iconic buildings without waiting in long lines.
So what are you waiting for? Book your tour today!
Here are some things you can expect on the tour:
- See the inside of St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace
- Learn about the history of Venice and its two most famous buildings
- See some of the city’s most important artworks
- Avoid the long lines
Cost of Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica Tour
When visiting Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica, there are different tour prices depending on the type of tour you choose.
For English tours, adult tickets cost €95, while child tickets for children aged 6 to 14 are priced at €80.
Infants up to 5 years old can enter for free. Alternatively, if you prefer a private tour experience, the price is €380 per person regardless of age.
|Visitor type||English tour prices||Private tour prices|
|Adult ticket (upto 99 years)||€95||€380|
|Child ticket (6 to 14 years)||€80||€380|
|Infant ticket (upto 5 years)||Free entry||€380|
Things to know before you go
- You’ll get to go inside St. Mark’s Basilica, and you’ll also get to see the Basilica’s Terrace and its Museum.
- St. Mark’s Basilica is a holy place, so it is important to dress respectfully. This means covering your shoulders and knees. Follow for more
If you wear shorts or a tank top, you will be asked to cover up before entering.
- There are only 20 spots available on each tour. So if you want to go, you need to book your spot early.
- When choosing between a shared group or private option, not all languages are available in both.
So, to ensure you can use your preferred language, check all the available languages in each option before you choose.
Things you should bring with you
- Comfortable shoes: You will be doing a lot of walking in Venice, so it is important to wear comfortable shoes.
Avoid wearing sandals or flip-flops, as they will not provide enough support for your feet.
- Camera: Venice is a beautiful city, and you will want to take pictures to remember your trip.
Bring a camera with a good zoom lens so that you can capture the details of the architecture and the people.
- Hat and sunscreen: Venice can be very hot in the summer, so it is important to protect yourself from the sun.
Bring a hat and sunscreen to keep your head and skin protected
Featured Image: Wikipedia.org